Custom Built 2 Story Homes For Sale in Northwest Indiana
By Sq Ft
Steiner Homes provides custom home construction for residents throughout the northwest Indiana community, including Crown Pointe, Cedar Lake, Chesterton, Dyer, Lowell and more. We offer a wide range of floor plans to cater to any type of family. With versatile features like home offices, loft spaces, spacious dining nooks, and walk-in pantries, we make sure that you have dedicated spaces for all your regular activities. Our two-story home plans are especially spacious and comfortable.
The Benefits of a Two-Story Home
There’s a lot to think about when you’re deciding between a single-story and two-story home. Our expansive two-story floor plans from Steiner Homes offer a wealth of benefits. When you choose a custom two-story home, you’ll enjoy:
- More Efficient Use of Space: Building up rather than out lets you fit more square footage on the same size lot.
- Enhanced Privacy: Rooms on the second floor of your home enjoy added privacy and separation from the rest of the home. This is ideal for guest rooms, teenagers’ bedrooms, and your master suite.
- Beautiful Views: The views from second-story windows are nearly always superior to what you’ll have at the ground level. This is the perfect way to gaze out at your new neighborhood.
- Greater Affordability: Building upwards into a two-story home is more cost-effective than expanding a one-level floor plan. Not only is the building process cheaper, but you will have lower utility bills with this design as well.
Important Considerations in a Two-Story Home
When you’re working with a two-story floor plan, you will have added considerations that you won’t encounter with single-story options. These include:
- The Stairway Footprint: A stairway takes up around 100 square feet in your home, so you need to consider placement and design carefully.
- Construction Time: You may need to plan a little more time for a two-story construction.
- Ceiling Heights: If you want soaring ceilings, you’ll need to place them on the second floor or in downstairs areas that don’t have a second story above them.
We can help you navigate these considerations thoughtfully to ensure you get a home that perfectly suits your needs.
Two-Story Floor Plans From Steiner Homes
Steiner Homes offers dozens of sleek two-story floor plans for you to choose from. Many of these include convenient features like two-story foyers or great rooms with soaring ceilings that provide an airy and expansive welcome to the home. You can situate all your bedrooms upstairs to neatly divide the home by purpose, or place some of your bedrooms downstairs to give guests, in-laws, or other family members more privacy and separation.
Many of our spacious two-story floor plans include amenities like his and hers closets, spacious master sitting areas upstairs, and versatile loft areas that can serve as playrooms, home offices, and more. Second-story laundry rooms are standard in most layouts so you don’t have to haul your laundry up and down the stairs.
If you’re ready to start exploring your options for a gorgeous two-story home from Steiner Homes, contact us today or schedule a home tour. Our dedicated team members walk you through every step of the home building process so you’ll get exactly what you need.