Custom Home Floor Plans In Northwest Indiana
from 1,800 to 2,100 s/f
from 2,100 to 2,300 s/f
from 2,300 to 2,700 s/f
from 2,700 to 3,000 s/f
from 3,000 s/f and Up
Custom House Plans
Before getting into the nitty gritty of home building, it’s important to know the basics. When you choose to custom build a house, one of the first steps will be to choose a house plan. Also commonly known as a floor plan, a house plan is simple two dimensional (2D) line drawing or blueprint showing a layout, including features such as walls, garages, windows, doors, cabinets, closets, appliances and more.
When shopping for your perfect home, it’s important to take a look at the custom house plans and floor plans. You want to find a home that works not only for your family but also for your budget. At Steiner Homes, we encourage you to take into consideration the total square footage, the number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, and the overall floor plan, as house plan necessities will differ for everyone. For some families a single story home with a master on main layout will make the most sense, but other families may need multiple floors such as an upstairs or basement. This house plan guide will take you through all the various types of floor plans that Steiner Homes offers and will help you decide which style is best for you.
Ranch-Style House Plans
Ranch-style homes are single story homes that typically have long and low-pitch rooflines with large windows along the home’s front. Ranch floor plans can vary, depending on how modern the house is. Older ranch-style homes may be more sectioned off, whereas newer – or recently renovated – ranch-style houses may have more open floor plans. The overall shape of the ranch home varies, and our ranch home floor plans range in size from 1,641 to 2,538 square feet.
We have a dozen different varieties of ranch-style homes that offer plenty of space throughout the main floor. Most plans have three bedrooms, at least two bathrooms, and a two-car garage. Many of our ranch home designs also include a basement, which increases the overall space and gives you more options for a home gym, office, theater, or even an additional bedroom. These types of homes are ideal if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You hope to still live in the house as you age. Ranch house plans are great for people who are looking to stay in their home long term, as they don’t present the same mobility restrictions that homes with stairs do.
- You are looking for something family friendly. If you have kids, you know that the laundry is never ending. Having the bedrooms and the laundry room on the same floor can be a huge time saver. Additionally, stairs can present a major safety concern for young children. In a ranch style home, this isn’t a concern.
- You are looking for a home with good resale value. Ranch homes have been around forever, and they’re not going anywhere any time soon. The single story configuration offers timeless charm, with an array of convenience factors for future residents.
- You want to keep your utility bill low. One major benefit to ranch style homes is the increased efficiency of HVAC systems. Remember, heat rises. Because of this, in a two story home it is more costly to keep the first floor warm in the winter and the second floor cool in the summer.
Master on the Main House Plans
If you’re in the market for a home with the master bedroom, or primary bedroom, on the main level, we offer nine different options. True to their name, these bedrooms are located on the same floor as the main living areas of the home, making it convenient to access everything, including the kitchen, living room, laundry, and more, on that first floor. These types of homes are ideal if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You desire extra privacy. If you have a teenager who plays an instrument or an older child who works later shifts and you don’t want to be disturbed, this type of design might work for you.
- You don’t want to negotiate stairs. Having a first-floor bedroom eliminates the need to go up and down stairs daily.
- You have older family members living with you. Perhaps you’re giving up the master bedroom to your aging parents, so this option allows them to have both privacy and avoid using stairs.
At Steiner Homes, our master on the main floor plans range in size from 2,010 to 3,809 square feet. Many of our plans have four bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and a three-car garage.
Two-Story Home Floor Plans
If you’re looking at two-story home floor plans, we have almost two dozen to choose from. Perhaps the most popular configuration of a primary residence, two-story homes have a main living area on the first floor and the bedrooms upstairs. The size of our two-story homes varies from 2,064 to 3,534 square feet, and they include four or five bedrooms, 2.5 to 3.5 bathrooms, and either a two- or three-car garage.
As a family-owned business, we know how important family is to our buyers. Our house plans are customizable so you can make some room-size adjustments to our standard plans. We pride ourselves on offering high-quality upgrades that come standard, and all of our homes include a one-year full craftsmanship and material warranty. If you’re looking for a home in Northwest Indiana for your expanding family, consider using Steiner Homes to make your dream home a reality.